Sunday, February 26, 2012

I dont need to know your story. Just let me try and help you.

The other day I left for school pretty early and decided I did not want to wait 20 minutes for my class to start. So I chose to go and get a Jamba Juice. As I am walking out, I see a guy on the side of the street with a sign asking for money. Normally I would see him and walk by without even thinking about it.Today however was different. At first I walked past him but when I reached my car I had a very strong feeling that I needed to help this guy out. I mean, I know that people who are on the street asking for money typically are thought of as drunks and druggies, but if this guy was willing to sit on the side of the road, hold a sign, wear ragged clothes and ask for money(actually he didnt ask he sat with his head down) then I figured he obviously needed something happy in his day. I walked up to him and gave him five bucks. Such a small amount. But the guy looked up at me, smiled really big, and thanked me. I hate that there is no selfless good deed because I felt really good. I dont know his story, I dont need to. But if my five dollars could brighten his day even the smallest amount its worth it.

Basically, I am a cheesy person. I am like this girl: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUFT35S7Jb4.... yes, enjoy the "she doesn't even go here!" haha. But I feel that way sometimes!! I just wish everyone could be nice and loved and I wish everyone could GIVE nice and SHOW love.

I also wish my best friend Meghan was with me right now. I miss her so freakin much. ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment